Thursday, May 12, 2011

Finally!

Blogger is finally back up!  Now I get to post yesterday's post, and you can pretend you've already read it.

Ummm, now what was I going to post about?  I can't remember!

Not all of it anyway.  But I do remember a couple of things.

See, when I'd gone to Batesville last weekend, I was looking for a dress to wear to church Sundays.  Besides the work jeans, I mean.  I wanted to find a nice dress because all of mine are so old.

I think people have pretty much stopped making dresses any more.  I could only find one that was halfway decent.  So, I decided to sew my own.  I used to sew a lot, but kind of got away from it.  I found these two patterns at Wal-mart Friday.


OK, the scrubs aren't to wear to church. They are for work. The top is at least. Some people wear bottoms, too, but I like my jeans. The thing I like best about the scrub tops is the big pockets they have in them. The dress is for church.  I was very hesitant about buying it, because it has a halter top type of thing.  I don't feel entirely comfortable wearing sleeveless and open back clothes to church.  Yeah, I'm old fashioned, but I still believe women should be modest--especially at church. 

I almost didn't buy it, but then I decided I could knit a shrug or a capelet type thing to wear over it.  Plus, you never know when they're going to have the air conditioner set to Freeze Solid. 

Speaking of, I finished clue 1 of the AMS. Yes, finally.


Here is a close up of the stitch pattern:


Just in time for clue 2, which will have to wait because I'm going to SOUTHAVEN tomorrow! I will be sure and post a complete report when I get back.

No comments: