Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Customer Service

A couple of years ago, I started using a site called Picapp.  It was really cool.  They hosted thousands of photos that you could link to on your blog or website.  I used it a lot-- mostly for my football posts.

Earlier this year, I went to the site to get a photo for a post, only to discover that they no longer support some sites, like Blogger and Wordpress.  We could no longer search for photos, or post them to our sites, but they assured us that old photo links would remain hot.  I was a little aggravated that they hadn't made an announcement or anything, but OK.  I'd go back to using Flickr or Webshots.  Not such a big deal.   Still, they assured us that the photos previously placed on blogs would stay.

But a few weeks later, I noticed that some photos were disappearing from old posts.  I tried re-installing the code, but no dice.  Confused, I went to the Picapp site to try to see what was up.  After several minutes of searching the help site and tech support, I finally submitted a help request.  It took them three days to get back to me. 

Basically, what they said was that despite their reassurances to the contrary, old photos would NOT remain on our sites.  So, I've got bunches of old posts that will no longer have appropriate photos. 

Even worse, there was no notice.  No "You've got X number of days to make other arrangements".  No nothing.  Just a bunch of disappearing photos.

That's what I call poor customer service.  Very poor.

No comments: