Sunday, May 29, 2011

And Clue 3

of Wendy's Summer Mystery Shawlette is done.


Once I finished this clue, I tried to pick the AMS shawl back up, but the mojo seems to have deserted me. So, I did what I naturally do in these situations.

I cast on a hat.


The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersocke in Cherry Chip. The pattern is my own. One of these days, I'm going to get this blame pattern figured out, then I will make it available. I'm thinking of submitting it to Knit Picks for their IDP (Independent Designer's Program). If they don't accept it, then it'll be on the blog for free.

I don't see why they wouldn't accept it, though. It seems they accept almost anything you knit with their yarn. I was looking through the latest catalog, and one of the patterns was nothing more than a basic stocking hat with three buttons sewn on it. Another one was almost exactly like the Coronet pattern on Knitty, and a third was the Waving Lace Stole I got from House Of White Birches years and years ago. They just made it a little wider and called it a blanket.

Anyway, back to my hat...it's the same pattern I've been working on, only this time I'm doing it in sock weight yarn.   You essentially do it the same way, only you cast on more stitches.  I'll still have to make sure the decreases work out,  but you get the idea.

No comments: