Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's A Mystery

So, we're still plodding along on the Anniversary Mystery Shawl 2011.  I'm not quite halfway through clue 2. 


Of course, I knew from the beginning that I likely wouldn't be able to keep up with those who don't, like have, you know jobs or anything, so I'm not worried about being behind.

Yet, I noticed that many of my friends were going to knit Wendy's Summer Mystery Shawlette.  I hadn't planned on doing that one, since I've got an almost shocking number of WIPs already.  But after seeing all their posts on FB, and the photos to go along with said posts, I joined the rest of the lemmings and jumped right off of that cliff.


The yarn I'm using is Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome Select in Caribou Creek.  That's just the cast on row.  Don't worry about those stitch markers.  They're just to help me keep count of how many stitches I'd cast on.  After doing this, however, I ran into a slight snag.  I only have one set of size 5 needle tips, and here they are:



This is the 2010 Anniversary Mystery Shawl, which I still haven't finished.  And being that I was in the middle of a round, I had to finish at least that one round so I could swap out the needle tips to continue knitting Wendy's Mystery Shawlette. 

Which I have done, but since I've only gotten two rows knit, it doesn't yet look much different from the above photo.

In the meantime, to keep me sane in the midst of all this mystery, I still have a waiting hat lurking in the background, ready to offer the comfort of mindless stitching. 

No comments: