Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Have Returned

I've been battling insomnia for the last several nights.  I take melatonin supplements, which on normal nights help, but these last few nights, they haven't so much.  So, last night, after two nights in a row of only 3 or so hours of sleep, last night I broke out the big guns.  Yes, you guess it.  I took

The Green Elixer of Death.

And slept 12 hours.  I feel sooo much better today. I have returned to the land of the living.

And in doing so, I was able to make significant progress on the 2011 AMS shawl:


This is through row 79, which is about halfway through clue 2.  As you can see, I've gotten far enough along that I've felt the need to place the first lifeline.  The problem I'm having with this one is that the yarn is so light and so fine, I can't see it.  I have to take my glasses off and hold the shawl up close to be able to see what I'm doing.  Which means I can't see the TV, or the Kindle, or even the pattern.  I definitely need new glasses!

I also finished clue 1 of Wendy's Summer Mystery Shawlette:


This obviously isn't the whole thing, just a section close up so you can see the pattern. Clue 2 comes out tomorrow, since the world didn't in fact end today.

.

No comments: