Friday, November 19, 2010

Rough Day

It started last night. Well, really it started yesterday at work. Stuff happened. Stuff that I didn't expect to happen, happened.

And because that stuff happened, after I finally went to bed, I tossed and turned until well after midnight. But the alarm dog still went off at 5:30 this morning.

I tried to go back to bed, but because of thinking about stuff happening, I couldn't get back to sleep. And my whole day has been just off kilter, because of stuff.

Boy, I really need to hug a snake.

Betcha never thought you'd hear those words, did ya? But that's just who I am.

Then, after all the stuff that happened, when I got home from walking the dogs, I found this:


Nooooooooooooo! A hole in my other Marion Barber sock! How much more can go wrong! Now, I really, really need to hug a snake.  Or throw up.

Yes, it's that bad.

Even this isn't cheering me up, though it is delicious.


On the bright side, I finally got my new steps for my back door built.  J built them for my combined birthday and Christmas present.  This is treated lumber, so these ought to last a while.


And the Christmas Cactus is blooming.


And my bulby things are still growing.


If you will excuse me, because Marion Barber isn't available at the moment, snake hugging will now commence.

Followed by throwing up.

And some quality time with a fake leather journal with a ribbon marker.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Becky, it doesn't sound good... :(

I'm here for you if you want to vent.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Kristen. I appreciate you being there for me.

Sus said...

Oh no, I hate it when stuff happens. I hope your snakes let you hug them as much as you needed.

Your Christmas cactus' blooms are really lovely. I hope they made you smile a bit.

::hugs::

Becky G said...

Snakes don't really appreciate hugging. I had to settle for hugging the kitty. Which only drew little blood. Mine, not the cat's.