Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This Time It Really Is Wednesday

All day yesterday, it felt like a Wednesday to me.  I woke up this morning feeling like I'd gotten a do-over.  I actually felt pretty good today.  I finally broke down and threw another blanket on the bed last night, and what do you know?  I slept almost all night.  I only woke up once, at 4:30, because my internal clock still thinks it is 5:30.

It's amazing what a difference a good night's sleep makes.  I hardly ever get those any more.  It's gotten so bad, I've seriously thought about going to my doctor and getting a prescription.  The only thing is, most of them say that they cause next day drowsiness.  Well, what good are they then?

If I'm not groggy all day from lack of sleep, I'll be groggy from drugs, so what's the point? 

I really wanted to post a gorgeous photo of our fall colors today, but well, we haven't had any this year.  It's been so dry that the leaves have pretty much just gone straight to brown.  I was looking through old photos to see if I had one to post, and came across this one:

Blue


I took this one a couple of years ago out at the lake.  I don't know what it is, but this photo just appeals to me.  Maybe it's the splash of blue in all the greens and browns.  But whatever, I like it.

After watching Jason Garrett's first two interviews as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, I'm starting to feel a little more hope.  He was no-nonsense and to the point.  And in giving his interviews, there was an authority to his voice and manner that wasn't there before.  I don't know how he'll coach (and face it, none of US really do know what goes on behind the scenes), but I do know that, unlike Wade, at least he's not going to let the media buffalo him.

One more thing, Happy Birthday to the Mad Hatter, Les Miles. 

Geaux Tigers!

No comments: