Monday, November 29, 2010

Dreary Monday

And it's back to work today.  Not only that, it was stormy and rainy all day.

So, Saturday, I was heating some water to make myself some hot chocolate when the microwave made this horrible buzzing noise, then went dead.  I was not happy.  I'd only had that microwave three years.  But it was a cheap one, so I guess I got my money's worth out of it.

I was going to go get a new one Sunday afternoon, but ended up being lazy and watching football all afternoon.  That meant, I had to go get one after work today.  Greg asked Vanessa and me to work late, too, then the trip to the store.  It threw my whole evening out of whack, which is why I'm just now getting around to blogging when I should have been in bed an hour ago.

But I digress...

Lo and behold, the new microwave:


It is a GE, 1100 watt, and is a lot quieter than my old microwave. I've already inaugurated it, with a plate of Thanksgiving leftovers. Speaking of, I got three big chunks of turkey meat vacuum sealed and frozen this afternoon. I'll nibble on the rest a couple more days until I boil it all down and make turkey soup.

I've been slowly, but surely putting out my Christmas decorations.  The tree is lit


and has some ornaments on it. The most important being the Dallas Cowboy football.


You will be relieved to know that I finally found Mike as well.


He had me worried there for a while.  Oh, this was not a good weekend for football. Dallas lost. Texas lost. Alabama lost, which I was only rooting for them because an Auburn loss would help LSU, provided LSU beat Arkansas, which they didn't so it was all moot anyway. Oklahoma State lost, which I don't really care about Oklahoma State, but any team that beats Oklahoma and that intensely annoying and vastly overused fight song has my support.

My only consolation has been that the Redskins and Eagles both lost as well. Oh, and the Chargers won. I'm only a Chargers fan because they have Jacob Hester--whom I once promised to name my next child after-- on their team.

And finally, your Advent Music Monday:



Thank you and Goodnight. 

No comments: