Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Amazing

how much better a good night's sleep can make a body feel.  I went to bed around 10:00ish and slept all night.  Wonder of wonders, the alarm dog let me sleep until 6!  After letting her out and feeding the cat, I went back to bed until the house warmed up, but didn't go back to sleep.

I got out of bed around 7ish, and after breakfast, just went plumb loco.  I did the laundry, which included stripping the bed, washing the sheets and blankets, and washing the old comforter before putting it into the spare room.  I even put the clean sheets back on the bed right away, instead of leaving it until bedtime, and of course, the new Dallas Cowboys comforter is securely in place on the bed.   And, I folded and put away the clothes, instead of leaving them on the bed for 3 days--or until they all get worn again.

I unloaded the dishwasher, then reloaded it, and cleaned up the kitchen a bit, then started a loaf of bread.


I swept and mopped both the bathroom and kitchen floors, cleaned the toilet and unclogged the bathtub drain.  Then I vacuumed and Rug Sticked the living room and hall.  I even vacuumed the bedroom, but didn't Rug Stick it.

Somewhere in the midst of all that, I finished another hat


and cast on another Fun Fur charity scarf,


all the while, dogsitting the neighbor's dogs. I even managed to get you a Saturday Sky shot.


Wonder of wonders, I got all this done in time to sit down and watch the LSU/Ol' Miss game.  And what a game it was!  LSU hung on to win 43-36, and the other half of my head turned gray.  Verne Lundqist made a joke about the Nutt and The Mad Hatter playing under a full moon, and of course Gary whatever his last name is had to repeat it 746 times before the game was over.  I swear, I don't know why they have him on there.  I can't stand listening to him.  Last year, he said that Trindon Holliday was the fastest man to ever play college football, and he said it about 2000 times.  OK, not really, but it sure seemed like it.  Verne finally shut him up when he said, "Oh, I don't know about that.  I watched Bob Hayes play."  Now, Trindon Holliday is fast, but they called Bob Bullet for a reason.

Question:  Am  I the only one out there who thinks Les Miles is sexy as he**?  Seriously. 


Seriously Sexy.

Uh, moving right along...The good news is, Texas finally won one!  Hook Em!  And I finally started my Christmas shopping.  Usually, I'm nearly done by now, but this year, I just don't know what to get anyone.  I think all the nephews are going to get gift cards.  I don't like sending gift cards, but I don't know what they have, or what they need. 

Of course, if I ask their mothers, they'll say to send them clothes, but what little kid wants clothes for Christmas?  I guess I'd better figure something out. 

I'm running out of time.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

He is sexy! And I like giving gift cards. They're really easy to wrap, and the kids love them!

Becky G said...

Whew! I thought I was the only one!

The only thing about giving gift cards is that I'm afraid my sister might make her kids buy something needed instead of something fun. To me, Christmas was always about fun presents. Birthdays were for clothes and things. But I'll probably go with the gift cards anyway. They're a lot cheaper to mail to Alaska than a box of stuff!

Sus said...

My goodness! You were the productive crazy train! I'm in awe of that much accomplishment. And I'm totally drooling over that bread. Rockstar!!

Becky G said...

I look back on this post, and can't believe that was me. Usually, I'm an inert lump on the weekends. I don't know what was wrong with me.