Friday, April 04, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away!

It has rained all day long. And I mean all. day. long. And thus ends a week of it raining every single day. And I mean every. single. day. But it is supposed to clear up tomorrow, and we will have three days of sunshine before it starts raining again. Tuesday.

Tuesday it is forecast to start raining again. And it is predicted to rain Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. That's as far as my forecast goes.

But don't let me rain on your parade.


I thought and thought about what to do with my toe up socks. I searched and searched for a pattern, but in the end, I decided that the coloring of the yarn was just too strong. It would overwhelm any pattern I knit into the socks, so I will just do a plain foot and a garter rib leg.

Well, my meme has been posted for an entire week, and only two people have guessed any of my quotes. They've only gotten three. I guess my quotes were too hard! I'll give you a couple more days, then I'm going to reveal the answers.

I've been a member of Netflix for a year now, and I don't know why I ever waited so long to sign up. I am totally enjoying this. Most of what we've been watching is old TV shows. Here just a few days ago, I was able to see the original Star Trek episode Space Seed. It's made me want to watch The Wrath Of Khan.

Which I think I will do.

Star 2

Live long and prosper.

4 comments:

Junk Diva said...

How long does it take to make a pair of socks? I can't imagine doing that. A pair of socks has a very short life expectancey in my house. 1 wear 1 wash and only 1 sock. Where do they go?

Inquiries said...

I love the rain. I could live in Ireland, the UK or Seattle.

Opal said...

I love the rain too. We one had 40 days of rain and even though I hated the flooding it entailed, I actually enjoyed the grey skies and every single day of rain.

Becky G said...

Diva, how long it takes depends a lot on how complicated the pattern is and how motivated I am. The more complicated the pattern, the longer it will take. On the other hand, if the pattern is too simple, I get bored with it and am not as motivated to work on it. Also, it depends on how big the feet I am knitting them for, and how much time I have available to knit. On the whole, I'd say that it usually takes me around two weeks to get a pair done, but that's not continuous knitting time. There's this really annoying thing called work that keeps getting in the way.

Ashley and Opal, I enjoy the rain, too, when I can stay cozied up at home knitting and watching old movies. Having to get out in it is a different matter.