Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Weird Al and WIPs

Cody is playing Weird Al songs on his computer at high speed. As if he weren't Weird enough...Al that is.

Karate was all about sparring last night. Sensei gave us a good workout. Even Joshua said it was tough, and that is saying something! My legs are actually sore today. That, coupled with a new Magnum P.I disc from Netflix, gave me the perfect excuse to sit and knit all evening (and do two loads of laundry, but there's nothing exciting about that.)

Here's what I did:

I finished the charity scarf. The yarn is Lion Brand Fun Fur in Raspberry. The pattern is simple garter stitch on size 13 needles.

My two at once socks were set aside to work on these two charity scarves, but I had made some progress on them since I last posted a picture.

No progress was made on this scarf, but it is mainly to be a fill in project for slow times.

Baudelaire and I were at an impasse for a while. I'd already knit the sock longer than the pattern called for. I'd even knit it longer than I normally knit my socks, yet the pattern is so elegant that I just wanted to keep on going. However, we eventually ran into the problem that since this is not a particularly stretchy pattern, if I kept going I wouldn't be able to get the sock over my fat calf. But the sock wanted to keep on being knit.

Sometime this evening, the sock and I reached a point at which we both said, "Enough." I knit to the end of the pattern repeat and began the ribbing.


The sock is happy. I'm happy. All is right with the world.

2 comments:

Inquiries said...

Everything looks wonderful Becky!

Becky G said...

Thank you Ashley.