Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Kingdom For A Title

Since your Saturday Sky looked like this all day:


I thought you just might rather see yesterday's Friday Sunset:

Since my last knitting update, I've finished three charity scarves:


These will all go to Scarves From The Heart. They are having a big event in September and need at least 125 scarves. If you have some extra yarn, I'm sure they would appreciate receiving a scarf or two. They can be any pattern, any yarn, knit, crochet, woven, whatever.

I did get out and take some more pictures for my photography course. This one is for the compositional exercise in lesson 1. This is leading lines. I think it would have looked better if I'd been in the middle of the road, but this particular road is too busy to risk that--besides this being taken from just over the top of a hill.

This is assignment three from lesson 2. The assignment was to use shutter speed to create an effect shot. One of the suggestions was to take a waterfall at a slow shutter speed. Since we don't have any waterfalls around here, I used the spillway.



These three pictures were taken at increasingly slower shutter speeds. Even though the day was dark and overcast, the third picture, which finally captured the water the way I wanted it, is way overexposed. This is in a large part due to the limitations of the lens I have. It is just the basic kit lens that came with the camera. I hope to save up and get a wider variety of lenses, in time.

And just for grins, I went down and took the waves at the beach.

8 comments:

Inquiries said...

Wow Becky the pictures are GREAT! GREAT! I love all of them! They are very very good!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! They are all amazing.

Perpetual Beginner said...

Nice photos. To my eye the last spillway shot looks more like it was shot on a bright sunny day, than over-exposed (I realize it wasn't, but that's the appearence it gives.)

Becky G said...

Ashley, why thank you, thank you, thank you! We all need a little gushing now and again. Good for our self esteem, ya know.

Panda, thanks.

Cindy, thanks. I tried to correct the exposure a bit before I posted it, but I just don't like doing all that fiddly stuff in the computer. I guess sometimes ya gotta, though.

Bag Blog said...

Great photos! I love the sunset and the lines of the other photos.

Buck said...

The Friday Sky pic is my favorite... but they're ALL good!

mornin'lady said...

looks like your doing really well in photography!, I'm with Buck, the Friday sky gets my vote then I like the road photo. But then I'm a nature freak.lol

Opal said...

That Friday sunset shot is just gorgeous!