Sunday, April 20, 2008

Photography Course Lesson 2

The first assignment for lesson 2 was to set my camera on 1/60 shutter speed and take pictures at various apertures to see how it affects exposure. This first picture was taken at F-7.1. (I actually took some at lower F-stops, but they just look like a white square.)

This picture was taken at F-16.
And this one at F-22.
This was the darkest I could get this shot. According to the lesson, this shot was supposed to be nearly black. It was at about this time that I realized I had my camera set to ISO 400. I reset it to ISO 100 and tried again. I got much the same results. I realized that if I were going to get the range of exposures I needed, I'd have to increase my shutter speed.

This first shot was taken at shutter speed of 1/200, and F-stop 3.5.
This shot was taken at 1/200 F-9.

And this one at 1/200 F22.


The second assignment was much the same, only this one was to set my aperture at a mid range and change the shutter speed. I took these at ISO 400, but they turned out ok, so I didn't re-take them.

This first one was taken at F-9 1/60:


The next one was taken at F-9 1/640

And finally F-9 1/4000

I actually took many more pictures than these. I just chose three for each assignment. If you really want to see all of them, they are here.

No comments: