Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Faster I Go

The behinder I get.

At least it seems that way when it comes to blogging. I've got a lot to say, but not much time to say it. I'm still working on the write up for the karate seminar. I'll try to get it posted soon, along with a few more pictures. I took some 300 pictures, but don't worry. I won't make you suffer through all of them! The last two classes have been spent passing on what we learned at the seminar-- especially black belt class. Tonight's adult class was more basic. We did basics--about twice as many counts as we normally do. It was a good workout. After a quick water break, we did all of our kata except sanchin and sunsu. Finally, we finished off the class by doing this really horrendous kicking drill. What it is, we stand near the wall and do 25 roundhouse kicks without putting our leg down. Then we turn and do 25 kicks with the other leg. Then we do 20 kicks with each leg. Then 15, then 10, then 5. Then, as if we aren't burning enough, we extend a perfect form side kick and hold it until sensei says to put it down. Then we do it with the other leg. Trust me, it's harder than it sounds. We haven't done that drill in a while. I guarantee we'll all be feeling it tomorrow.

In knitting news, Baudelaire #1 is coming along nicely, however, I did cast on a pair of toe up socks. I'm magic looping them, two at once. I really needed a simpler, more portable pair than Baudelaire. No pictures yet. They are just two nubs of toes right now. Cody's spring band concert is Thursday, and I wanted something to work on while waiting for it to start--something I didn't need to lug a pattern along with me.

I'm slowly getting better at Spindolynning and will soon have a full spindle to show you. I bought a second spindle when I ordered my Spindolyn. I figured that way I could spin two spindles full, then be able to ply them together. It should work.

Cody got yelled at this evening. A couple of weeks ago, he started complaining that I never cook any more. I pretty much quit cooking meals because all he ever wants to eat is pizza rolls and poptarts, or canned spaghetti. But, just for him, I've been trying to make the effort to cook more. So I made supper. He walked right past it and grabbed a package of pop tarts out of the cabinet.

"You'd better not be eating pop tarts!!! You're the one who complained that I never cook any more, well, that's why! Tell me why I should waste my time cooking a meal when all you're going to do is eat pop tarts!" Needless to say, he very quietly put his pop tarts back into the cabinet, and ate what I cooked.

One small victory for working moms everywhere.

5 comments:

Robin said...

I think I would just die if I had to go through those drills...I have a hard enough time with tae bo!
Aren't kids fun?!

Inquiries said...

Your Cody story is funny. He sounds like a teenage boy. They love junk food.

Becky G said...

Robin, some of us felt like we wanted to! Kids are so much fun!

Ashley, not only did he eat what I'd cooked, tonight he ate leftovers! My speech must have worked!

Bag Blog said...

Train him up in the way he should go...His wife will greatly appreciate it one of these days.

mornin'lady said...

Yeah Mom! you go! I think they should invent something that makes all children zone out like robots at meal times so they mechanically shove in whatever we put in front of them without a word! Ha!