Monday, October 23, 2006

Wierd Dreams

All this snake talk I guess.

I had a really weird dream the other night. I dreamed about Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter.

Actually, the dream started out with Terri, Bindi, and Bob and I in what was supposed to be my house. It wasn't, but you know how dreams are. Terri was holding Bob, and I was fixing Bindi's hair. I was making her "glamorous like a movie star." Which is really weird because I haven't the faintest idea how to fix hair. I don't even hardly do mine. In the dream, she had just gotten a puppy, and the puppy had died. I was trying to make her feel better by doing girl stuff with her. Which is really weird as well, because anyone who knows me knows I am not a girly girl. I'm about as tomboy as they come. Bindi doesn't strike me as being really girly either. Thus in the dream, I pretty much made her hair look like a rat's nest. But since she has straight hair, it just fell out.

I remember thinking, "poor kid, to lose her dog and her daddy so close together."

About the time I finished my thought, in walked Steve-o, alive and well, and larger than life. Ok, probably life sized but he seemed pretty big to me. He wanted to see my snakes, and he took my hand (and Terri let me live) and led me out onto my screened in porch (which I only wish I had) where my snakes were kept. He wanted to see Onyx, only Onnie was a hatchling again and was in the same tank with Monty, who was also a hatchling--a definite no-no. Terri, with Bob in her lap and Bindi beside her, sat in my rocking chair and listened to Steve and I talking about the snakes.

I woke up then, and when I went back to sleep, I dreamed that Cody and I were going to a football game. We got into the gate and Cody had a cooler of ice on a dolly that he was pulling along. I don't know why because it was freezing out there. When we got inside the stadium, he decided to take the cooler back out to the car because it would be too hard to get the dolly up and down the steps of the stadium, so I sat down beside Clint Kinard (a neighbor) to wait for him. He came back in a few minutes with the empty dolly. We sat down with the empty dolly beside us and our cups of icy cold Dr. Pepper and waited for the game to start. About that time, I woke up for good.

I haven't had anything to drink.

Honest.
*
*
*

3 comments:

Buck said...

I haven't had anything to drink.


LOL! You really didn't need the disclaimer, but it was funny!

Anonymous said...

Girl, what did you eat for supper? You haven't been taking cold medicine have you?

Becky G said...

But I haven't...Had anything to drink, that is. I ate burritos for supper, and no, no cold medicine. It just happens sometimes. ;)