Sunday, October 08, 2006

Productive Sunday

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, but to a single mom, there is no such thing!

We got up and went to church this morning. While we were waiting for the service to start, this little bitty boy came up to me. I was talking to B at the time, and he kept hovering around like he wanted to say something. Finally, during a lull in the conversation, I turned to him and he said, "Do you do Isshinryu karate?" When I replied that I did, he said he did too and had seen my picture on the bulliten board in the dojo. We chatted a bit more, and he went back to sit with his mom. All throughout the service, anytime I happened to glance his way, I noticed he was looking at me. When he saw me looking, he would smile at me.

After church, I went over to the old house to get some things I needed to fix lunch. I noticed that Cody had left the back door open. I didn't think too much of it, but when I got inside, it looked like a tornado had gone through my living room. There was an unfamiliar dog collar in my living room floor, and no Squeaky. I went all over the house, calling and calling, and she never came. I walked all over the yard calling and calling, and still no Squeaky. She still has not turned up. I hope she comes home.



I got my cabinets all cleaned out this afternoon. The stuff isn't packed up and ready to move, but at least it is out of the cabinets. When J got off work, he came over and helped me move my two dressers and file cabinet. Now I can start getting stuff where it belongs. I need to create some more cabinet space in my kitchen, though. I want something like this:





Or this:
Cody and I have dental appointments tomorrow afternoon, so we may stop by Unclaimed Furniture on the way home and see what they have. Cody wants a side table to go in his reading area in his room. Once we get that, his room will be finished. I'll just need to get him to clean it up so I can take pictures of it. We also need a sofa for the living room. Cody is getting mighty tired of sitting on the floor.

Right now, I need to fold the several loads of laundry that I did today and are now piled on my bed so I can get into my bed.

1 comment:

Becky G said...

They were on the Wal-mart website. I did look on e-bay, but all the hutches were either pickup only and too far to drive or they wanted outrageous shipping charges--usually between $100 and $200. Most times, the shipping was more than the hutch itself. Case in point, the $40 hutch with the $150 shipping charge.

If I can't find something within driving distance, I can order one of those from Wal-mart and pay $30 for shipping.