Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday Sky


And my first Lonesome Skein KAL project. I've started another one just like it with the remaining yarn. I'm still working on the scarf I started, but I wanted to have something to post to the group before the project ends.


I had a rather productive day today. I managed to box up 4 boxes of yard sale stuff, and also move some more stuff to the new house. I've got nearly everything I want to keep moved over, but I've begun to just stuff it into corners and odd places until I can get more cabinets and stuff. I said I wasn't going to do that, but I'm ready to be done with it.

Those people came back to look at the house again. They let me know when they got there, but left without saying anything. I don't know what they thought or what. Still, I got the master bedroom and bathroom cleaned out--but not cleaned up. I'll have to tote some soap and water over and clean really well. I'll also need to string some extension cords over to vacuum.

Thursday night after class, sensei called one of the students over and said, "I need to apologize to you." The student asked what he needed to apologize for, and sensei responded, "For that drubbing Ole Miss is going to get this weekend!" And sure enough, Arkansas ran over them 38-3. Then we watched Notre Dame pull out a squeaker against UCLA. Cody asked me why I was watching so much football, and I replied that it was just a football kind of day. I'd forgotten how much I missed watching it.

Finally, in case you didn't know:

FYI

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Saturday sky picture today, quite awesome. Sounds like things are going pretty okay your way...

keep in touch

sunshine

Buck said...

re: the FYI link...AIIEEEE!! :-)

The ND - UCLA game WAS good, wasn't it? It never ceases to amaze me whenever a team manages to pull one out with less than a minute left on the clock. And Notre Dame seems to do that particular trick more often than most.