Thursday, October 19, 2006

Dentist

I'm a bit irked at my dentist right now. Last week, as you may remember, I went for my semi annual cleaning and checkup. He found two cavities, and wants to fill them before doing anything about my wisdom tooth. I'm sure he has his reasons--he's the one who went to dental school after all--but it's the wisdom tooth that hurts! Those teensy little cavities don't hurt a bit. The wisdom tooth is moving again. It feels like it has gotten kind of under the molar next to is and is slowly pushing the molar out of my gum. It has already sheared off one side of the tooth, and it feels like some more is breaking off.

Saturday when we went to the zoo, we got some Dippin Dots ice cream. One little dot got onto the broken section of my tooth, and let me tell you, I came off that bench I was sitting on. Yeah, my dentist is not exactly my favorite person right now.



When that happened, we were watching the elephant trainers show off some of the elephant's tricks. As the trainer explained, the elephants are not forced to do any of these tricks. They can walk away at any time and the trainers let them. The things they teach the elephants to do are mainly so they can check them and monitor their health. It was still interesting to watch.

2 comments:

Buck said...

One little dot got onto the broken section of my tooth, and let me tell you, I came off that bench I was sitting on.

Oh, Boy...I can relate to that! I think I'd put my foot down, Becky, where your dentist is concerned. They're supposed to treat pain FIRST...

Becky G said...

It's like having my tooth--the molar next to my wisdom tooth--pulled in super slow motion without anesthesia. I intend to bring it up with him on Monday when I go for my first filling. If he won't pull it straightaway, at least he can perscribe some pain killers.