Monday, October 09, 2006

Bad News

But first, some good news. Squeaky is back! When I got home from work this afternoon, there she was, peeking out the front window of the old house. I was going to move her over to the new house today, but she is still too skittish from her ordeal. I'll give her another day or two, then move her.

Now, for the bad news. We had dental appointments and I have two cavities, one almost cavity, and a broken tooth. It just doesn't seem fair because I brush my teeth faithfully. Cody doesn't brush his unless I threaten his very life, and he doesn't have a cavity in his head.

Anyway, yes, my wisdom tooth did break the tooth next to it as I had suspected. I will have it out, but the dentist wants to fill the two cavities first thing.

And as usual, my cleaning took three times longer than it should because the hygienist and I chatted so much.

We did run by Unclaimed Furniture. They had a sofa and love seat pair that I liked, but I didn't really need the love seat. I don't have a place to put it, since I got my recliner. I'm going to check around a few more places before committing to anything. I'm beginning to lean toward getting my old sofa reupholstered. It is sturdy and comfortable--just stained and clawed up by the cat.

They didn't have a hutch or a side table that we liked. The one hutch they had was waaaay too big for my kitchen. I suppose we'll have to keep looking for one of those, too.

3 comments:

Buck said...

I sympathize with you, Becky. I absolutely, positively hate the dentists thing. Not my dentist, personally, because he's a great guy. Just the whole "dentist" thing. Big money, too, because there's not a dental plan in the world that pays what it costs...

Anonymous said...

My dentist would lecture me,who flosses regularly, on flossing while my kids, who never floss, snickered because they did not get the same lecture. It didn't make a very good impression on my kids.

Becky G said...

My dental insurance pays pretty well. My semi-annual cleanings and check-ups are paid 100%. All other work is paid at 80%. That's what most medical insurance pays as well, at least around here.

Lou, I often feel my dentist must think I never brush or floss. I do brush and floss, but I'm the one getting all the cavities! I wonder, though, if the lack of milk while my mother was carrying me has any effect. She never drank milk, while I drank probably 1/2 gallon a day while I was pregnant. Hey, it was a good excuse, since I love milk anyway.