Sunday, October 15, 2006

I Confess

I lied to you yesterday when I said I had to wait until I got out of the hospital to take pictures of Cody. I found these three today:

This is his first picture, as he lay in the nursery with all those monitors and things hooked up to him. The cast looking thing on his hand was where they had the IV hooked up. This picture was taken October 17th.

And here he is later on, awake and fussing. They had taken the monitors and stuff off so I could feed him. I still wasn't able to have him in my room with me, so I had to go down to the nursery to feed and visit him.


Finally, they took him off all that stuff and moved him to the regular nursery. He had pulled his IV out by this time, and they were unable to re-insert it, so he had to have shots every three or so hours. Poor baby...

But the good news is that I could finally take him down to my room with me.

I finally took the plunge and joined my first knit-a-long. It is the Lonesome Skein KAL. The object is to use up some of the single skeins of yarn we all have in our stashes. It is only 3 months long, but I hope they extend it. As slow as I knit, I likely won't get anything completed. The only rule is that the pattern has to call for 250 yards or less of yarn. I found one I really like in a magazine, but it calls for 253 yards of yarn. I figure if I leave off the fringe, it will fall within the requirements. The first thing I did was to dig out all my yarn and separate the single skeins or partial skeins.


As you can see, I've got quite a few, including one already crocheted into a partial baby afghan. I bought that one off e-bay because I only needed about 10 yards of that yarn to finish a baby afghan of my own. The seller offered to frog it and rewind it into balls for me, but I told her it wasn't necessary. About half of these were sent to me by my mother when she cleaned out her stash. Some of this yarn belonged to my grandmother, who died when I was 14.

I'd better get started if I want to get anything finished in the three months time.

No comments: