Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Road Trip

The trip for the most part was uneventful, though there was a lot of construction going on. Bu the scenery was pleasant, and the sky fairly overcase. I only got a few sprinkles, but Scott and Cody got rained on quite a bit during their half of the trip.


I-55 South towards Hammond, La


Cody is glad to be home, but not looking forward to school starting in two weeks. It's a shame. School--learning--should be fun. I don't know why school has to be so unpleasant.

He said, "Why do trips seem so short?" The same reasons days off do....



A couple of days ago while I was taking my evening walk, I stumbled upon this little creature sunning himself by the side of the road. It was only through careful and patient stalking that I was able to get close enough to snap this quick picture. I think this is an Alligator plasticus smalli. They are commonly found near water, and often in the company of soapy bubbles.


We are going through another minor blues fest here at the snake house. Snow and Scarlett have both shed--Snow on Sunday, and Scarlett this evening. Onyx and Slider are both blue. Well, that's four out of seven, I guess it's not so minor.

Well, all good things must come to an end, and that includes this day off. Gotta head back to work tomorrow, so I'd better head for bed...

Welding


(Ok, so I'm not really a welder. I'm a brazer, but this is the closest I could find.)


2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I am glad you and Cody are home safe. Sorry about school starting - such is life. Your Alligator Plasticus Smalli made me laugh out loud - thanks. It is a nice way to start the morning.

Becky G said...

Brazing is much "smaller" than welding. I'm not sure of all the wherefores of welding, but where I work, they use a welding machine that uses high voltage electricity to join things like steel, aluminum, and the like. There are other types of welding, but I don't know that much about them. Brazing, on the other hand, uses an aceteyline torch to join small components of copper and brass (where I work--they may use other metals in other places) with a silver alloy brazing rod.