Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Best Marilyn Monroe



Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday Mr. President. Happy birthday to youuuuuu!

One week! One more week! Next Thursday Carole will be here! Yippie, Yippie, Yay, Hooray!

Sunshine and Sherry are also coming, but they won't be here until Friday night. I'm glad they're coming, but it kind of makes me feel obligated to play hostess. Unfortuantely, I'll have other things on my mind next weekend....

For YES! It is finally the BIG DAY!

My black belt test.

Am I nervous? Yes.

Do I feel ready? No.

Is my shodan essay finished? NOOOO!

Sensei says I have the "before-the-test-blues", but he is confident I'll do fine.

On a more somber note, James was not in class tonight, and might not make it back next week either. His grandfather has cancer and is terminal. They are all in Yazoo City, and will be until the end. James' dad said he would get him there for the test, no matter what, but couldn't promise he could get him here for any classes between now and then. He said he'd try, but couldn't say for sure.

What a time for this to happen. Keep that family in your prayers, please.

5 comments:

Buck said...

You'll do fine, Becky, I know you will. And I'll keep James and his family in my thoughts.

Becky G said...

Thank you Buck. On both counts.

Perpetual Beginner said...

Good luck on your test - though I don't think you'll need it to do well. If you need someone to take a look at your shodan essay, I'm not going anywhere this week. My e-mail is cindy.wood@insightbb.com

I have been keeping James in my thoughts and prayers also. It is so difficult to keep up with the rest of life in the middle of tragedy.

Becky G said...

Thank you Cindy. I might just send it to you and see what you think. Just keep in mind, it is still in its rough form. It is supposed to be about what karate means to me. I'm trying to go with a past, present, future type of format. I've only got the past written so far, and some paragraphs stuck on to the end that I haven't worked into the flow of the essay yet.

Perpetual Beginner said...

I'll keep an eye out for it.