Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day

"Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof - Lev. XXV, v. X"--Inscription on the Liberty Bell, from Leviticus 25:10

Let's not forget what the day is all about. It isn't about barbecues and beer. It's about liberty. It's about freedom. It's about the sacrifices our forefathers made to give us that liberty and freedom. And while you're thinking about it:

The Declaration Of Independence .

Abrupt change of subject. Another baby hat completed.



Yippee! I found a new--or new to me--way to cast off, courtesy of the Yarn Harlot. This will come in really handy when using up those leftover bits of yarn. I won't have to guess at how much to leave for the cast off.

I remember Stephanie Pearl-McPhee from Knitlist knitting e-group. She is so funny. I'd saved all her posts in a folder entitled Stephanie's Pearls, but lost it when my computer crashed. I suppose I could sort through the archives and find them again. I may save that for a rainy Sunday afternoon...if I'm not busy knitting, that is.

3 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Stephanie has three books out now - all of them are hilarious, and at least a few of the stories from the knitlist are on there.

I still giggle about the "No knitting while ice-skating" rule, and the involved story illustrating why this is a bad idea.

Theresa said...

Becky, thanks for stopping by my blog! I have to tell you, you really grossed me out with the caterpillers. REALLY!! I would have been the woman running screaming through the neighborhood, trailing clean clothes and insects. eeuuwww.

Becky G said...

Cindy, that was one of my favorites! I knew she had a couple of books out, and planned on buying them when I get some extra money.

Theresa, you're welcome. You have a very interesting blog. About the caterpillars, being a confirmed tomboy my whole life, bugs don't bother me too much. Neither do snakes, lizards, worms, etc...