Sunday, July 30, 2006

Bitty


Bitty is finished, and though she was fun to draw, manga/anime just isn't my thng. Now it's time to start on the next lesson "A Fish Called Wanda".

We've had a bit of a setback with Slider. He shed yesterday, and today I offered him a scented rat, which he refused. Now, it may be that he just wasn't hungry since rats contain more fat and nutrition than mice and take longer to digest. I'll give him another week or two and try again.

Onyx shed today, and that ends the latest blues fest.

Now, for the pink scarf I posted a couple of days ago, well, I was almost finished with it and decided that it was too short and too wide. It didn't really need a seed stitch AND a garter stitch border. So I started over. It looks a lot better this time, and is knitting up even faster.

My connection is being really wonky these last few days. Since I've only had DSL a month, I don't know how much dropping is normal. I'm about ready to call Bellsouth and give them a piece of my mind.

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I am envious of your knitting abilities. I can crochet, but not knit. As for DSL...I drool at the thought. My computer is so slow that I beg people not to send me spam and huge files. I can't even look through the photos that I linked to on my blog because my computer is so slow. Yes, I am envious.

Becky G said...

I can crochet as well, but I just never enjoyed it. My crochet is so tight, and as I'm going along, I get more and more tense. I'd always wanted to knit, but nobody in my family knew how. So finally, as an adult, I taught myself from one of those "I Taught Myself Knitting" type of booklets. And I never looked back.

Come to think of it, that story would make a good post. I'll have to tell it sometime.

Bag Blog said...

I picked up some knitting needles somewhere, sometime. Maybe I will try to teach myself - someday. My crocheting is very loose and sometimes too big. I have a funny story about teaching a friend to crochet - maybe I will post it sometime.

Becky G said...

Yeah, give it a go. The hardest part for me to learn was how to get the needle back through the loop without losing the yard I'd wrapped around it. Once I go the hang of that, it was so easy!