Thursday, July 20, 2006

Flotsam and Jetsam

I was finally able to post this satellite image of tropical storm Beryl as she threatens Massachusetts. She is actually closer now, but this picture was a better one. It is only July. September is usually the most active month for storms, though it was July last year when Hurricane Dennis (cat 4) dropped a massive limb on my storage building.

Scarlett is finally back on whole pinkies. I gave her one last night, and she's held it down for 24 hours now. I just have to be careful not to try and rush her onto bigger food. I think that's what started the whole regurging episode to begin with. And good news! She is blue--meaning she is going to shed soon. This is definitely encouraging!

I'm thinking about changing the title of my blog. Sketches and More just seems a bit dull to me, and not entirely appropriate anymore since I haven't posted a sketch in a while. Maybe something like The Eclectic Eccentric or something outlandish thing like that. I'm open to suggestions. The URL will not change though, so if you have me linked, there will be no need to change it.


I'm going to transfer some of the well wishes from the women's list here, so bear with me...

From Claudia:

BECKY!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

From Kay:


Becky,

That's so awesome!
Congratulations!!!!!

Kay

From Linde:

I had such a good time this past weekend. It was great seeing everyone and such an honor to be at Becky's test. Carol it was so much fun being around you again. Sherry you are such a joy! Sunshine I am so excite anytime I can be around you. You are like a daughter and so make me proud of the future of Isshinryu. I am sorry about Sat afternoon and night. Sometimes I just can not control my body. I hope it did not damper your weekend in any way. Well I am back home. Big hug to all

From Cindy:

Woohoo! Congratulations, Becky - and an awesome essay!

Cindy W.


More later...and the completed essay!

No comments: