Monday, October 07, 2019

What Is That Strange Noise?

I woke this morning shortly before the alarm went off to a strange noise.  It seemed to be coming from outside.  It was a strange booming noise, as if someone was beating a drum.  At first, I thought it might be a car coming up the road with the driver playing his radio too loud.  You know, those people who seem to think everyone within a 20 mile radius also wants to hear his music.  If you can call it that...

But I digress.

I lay there for a few moments, and when the alarm went off, I turned on the light to begin my day.  There, I saw Rylea, laying beside me with her head under the bed.  That's when it hit me. I realized what the strange noise was.

THUNDER!!!

Eagerly, I leaped out of bed and dashed to the door.  I flung it open to ...rain!  Sweet, blessed rain!


Can you see it?   Rain!!!!  I'd almost forgotten what it looked like.

The only downside is, neither dog would go outside and tend to business.  I put some newspapers down in Rylea's favorite accident spot.


Eh, I gave her credit for trying.

It rained almost all day, and even better, the temps never got out of the 60s.  It won't last long, as it's supposed to get back into the upper 80s by the end of the week.  Still, upper 80s is better than upper 90s.  Could it be that our long awaited Autumn has finally arrived?

OK, moving right along. 

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that I'm a Navy veteran.  If you're new to the blog, I'm a Navy veteran.

I'm also learning to play the piano.  There I was yesterday afternoon, just a practicing away.  Since I can't really take lessons from a live person, I just play each piece until I feel like I've got it down pretty well.  When I complete one lesson, I start a new one.

So, yesterday, when I turned the page.  I saw this: 


Do you see it?  Do you see it????

Yeah, I played it, but I was looking like this the whole time.

emotions | SiOWfa14 Science in Our World: Certainty and Cont


And I will continue to do so until I've finished learning that horrid song.

If they put the Army song in there, I'm done. 










No comments: