Saturday, October 12, 2019

Brrr!

I guess Fall is finally here for reals.  It was 47' when I got up this morning.  Not quite cold enough for a fire, but chilly enough the coffee was extra good.  Funny how it just seems to taste better when it's cold.  Along about 10:00, it had warmed up enough that I could leave my French doors open and let the dogs come and go as they pleased, so that was really nice.  Not having to constantly let them in and out, yes, but also getting some fresh air into the house.

You know those people that stuff always seems to be happening to?  I think I must be one of them.  Today, for example.  There was a dead rabbit in my back yard.  I have no idea why it was there, or what it had died from. Oh, I know how it got in.  There is a gap between the gate and fence just big enough for a rabbit to squeeze through.  I just don't know why it died in my yard.  It had been there a while, as rigor mortis had already set in, but not long enough it had started smelling.  I tossed it out into the woods behind the back fence.  I supposed the raccoons and ants will have a feast. 

Other than that, it has been a really quiet day.  Aside from the usual laundry and house cleaning, all I've done is knit, weave, practice my instruments, and watch football.  Oh, and I got my latest Yes.Fit medal in the mail.


It's pretty cool.  It's the biggest one I've gotten so far, and the background has red and blue sparkles.  By the way, I've figured out that mowing the yard requires me walking around 2.5 miles.  I've got a pedometer app on my phone that told me so.  Hopefully, that's the last time I'll have to mow this year.

Speaking of practicing instruments, I've been looking online for some free violin lessons, as I haven't found a really good teach yourself type of book.  I've found several promising sites, but I still need to look into them further.  I also need to check YouTube. 

But right now, Navy is playing Tulsa, and I must go. 

Laters...




No comments: