Monday, October 14, 2019

I Forgot

I got up this morning, and forgot today was a holiday, and I put some letters in the mailbox. I was already at work when I remembered.  No mail.  Duh...that's not the worst of it, either.  On the way home, I stopped at the mailbox -- with the flag still up-- and checked the mail...

I slept pretty good last night, so I can't even blame sleep deprivation.

Still, I think I'll go to bed early tonight anyway.  Because I did stay up late watching Lone Star Law.  Morgan Inman was on last night's episode.  And that's all I have to say about that.

Well, it appears I'm shortly going to have one less snake.  Oh, no, they're all OK.  But Cody has agreed to take Slider the ball python up to Memphis and give him a home.  I hate to sound ugly, but I never liked that snake anyway, and never really wanted him.  I was only supposed to have him a short time...see, I had this coworker who'd recently been kicked out by his roommate, and had to move in with his sister for a time, until he found a new place.   His sister wouldn't allow the snake in her house, so I agreed to foster him -- temporarily.  Or so I thought.

That was in 2007.  I still have him. 

Yesterday, Cody and I were chatting, and I asked him if he wanted Slider.  I said I'd keep him if he didn't, but I felt he'd enjoy having the snake more than I was.  He agreed to take him in, which makes me feel a whole lot better about things. At least Slider will be where he is wanted.

And I'll have one less mouth to feed.  OK, he only eats 4 times a year, but still...And I'll still have my colubrids, which I like a lot better than pythons anyway.

Speaking of feeding, Mama Doe showed up this evening to see how sloppy the squirrels have been lately.   I managed to get a fairly decent photo of her, and you can see why I'm worried.


She is so drawn down.  She wasn't like this last year, and she had twins then.  She's only got a single this time around, so it shouldn't be that rough on her.  I hope it's just age doing this, or parasites, and not CWD.  She's been here longer than I have, so she's at least 4 or 5 years old.  That's on up there for a wild deer. 

On a more pleasant note, I got several more Zoom Loom squares done over the weekend.



And lastly, 26 years ago today, this little bug was making his entrance into the world at U.S. Naval Hospital, Naples Italy.


Sigh...where does the time go? 

No comments: