Tuesday, October 08, 2019

I've Lost My Mind

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to be a guitar virtuoso.  And I'm OK with that, because I'm only playing for my own enjoyment anyway.  I can play the notes just fine -- well for an absolute beginner, I mean -- but the chords are throwing me for a loop.  It's these short, fat fingers I was born with. 

I am getting better.  Slowly, but I'm getting better. 

Something's been nagging at the back of my mind here lately, though.   It's Cody's violin.




Sitting there in his room.  Gathering dust. 

It's got a much smaller neck and a much smaller fret board.  Much more fitting to my much smaller hands.   I've been thinking more and more about how fun it would be to learn to play it.  I spent all day today daydreaming of playing the fiddle.  It's a very popular instrument in country and bluegrass music.  It'd be so much fun to be able to play it...

Have I lost my ever loving mind?????

I don't want to give up the guitar, and I'm certainly not giving up the piano.  Do I really want to add a third instrument into the mix?  I mean, with these stupid 10 hour shifts, I barely have time to breathe as it is.  And it's only going to get worse when peak season kicks in after the first of the year. 

When would I practice? 

Still, I downloaded a violin tuner to my phone...

Maybe I'll get it out this weekend and tune it.  Not play it.  Just tune it. 

And maybe play it.  Just for a minute. 

Eh, who needs sleep anyway? 









1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

Sleep is for people who have no hobbies! ;-)