Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Good Things

First good thing was I had the foresight to bring my plants inside.  When I got up this morning, the thermometer in my car read 38'.   I still haven't turned the heater on, though, as it's stayed pretty warm in the house.  However, later on next week it's going to get down into the 30s for several days in a row.  I might just break down and start a fire.  Or the heater.  Or something. We'll just have to see.

Second good thing, Rylea's neck bump seems to be going down some.  I still don't know what caused it, but as long as it's going away, and her appetite is coming back, I'm not going to worry about it.  I'll just keep an eye on it to make sure it continues to shrink. 

Third good thing, I'd found a level 1 book of praise songs on Amazon a while back, but they only had it in Kindle format.  I kept waiting to see if they would get it in paperback, because I can barely see the books.  I sure wouldn't be able to see it on my Kindle.  I desperately need new glasses.  A couple of days ago, I was looking at it again when suddenly a thought occurred to me. 

EBay to the rescue. 

I found it and ordered it.  The really good thing is, they told me it wouldn't get here until the first part of November, but it arrived today! 


It's got some really good songs in it, like Here I Am To Worship, and How Great Is Our God, and As The Deer, among others.  They're simple arrangements, because it is a beginner level book after all.  Glancing through, I should be able to play all of them -- with practice of course.  I've already played some of them.  I reckon I'll play some more over the weekend.

Well, I'd thought I'd do what my friend Cyndye calls a stream of consciousness post, but all my consciousness is telling me right now is how much it wants to go to bed, so that's what I think I'll do.

Oh, and the Astros are down one game in the series.  They're playing game two right now, and it's all tied up. 

I can tell already I'm not going to make it to the end.










No comments: