Sunday, October 06, 2019

Slowly Returning

I am slowly returning to the land of the living.  I'm still a bit congested, but I don't feel so run down as I did before.  I'm also still coughing, but that's always the part that hangs on the longest anyway.  At least my cough is productive now, which means it's almost over.

I felt well enough Friday to go run my errands -- or I thought I did.  By the time I got home, I was like, "Nope.  Not well yet."  But I had bills to pay, and they don't take sickness as an excuse.

But, while I was in town, I picked up a new Mum for my front flower bed.


I'd gotten it planted, and I was taking the photo, this beauty came by for a visit.


I'm sure some of you butterfly aficionados can identify it, but I don't have a butterfly book, and websites are too complicated to find what you want. I thought it might be a dark phase Tiger Swallowtail, but it doesn't have the little pointy things on its bottom wings.

The bad news is, I got up Saturday morning, and that blasted chipmunk had been rooting around in my bed, and had dug up my Mum.  I replanted it, and promptly ordered a live trap from Amazon.  I've had it with those dadgum things.  They may look cute, but they're destructive little boogers. 

Speaking of fall flowers, my spider lilies are totally showing out.


They got off to a slow start, but have really taken off this last week. 


Also speaking of fall, we've got a front supposed to be moving through this weekend.  The high tomorrow is supposed to be in the upper 60s/low70s.  Best part is ----are you ready for this? 

We've got a 90% chance of rain tonight!!!!!

I can't remember the last time I got so excited about a forecast of rain, but then, I can't even remember the last time it rained here.  It was late July or early August.  Some time along then.  Either way, it's been a while.

Too bad I have to go back to work tomorrow.  That's perfect weather for hot chocolate and knitting.  Or weaving on my Zoom Loom.


I'm really liking the way this sock yarn is weaving up.  It's making a nice, loose weave, and will stitch together into a lightweight throw.  That'll be perfect, as I don't really have something for those days when it's airish enough to need a cover, but not so cold as to need a blanket. 

By the way, I've been knitting my new colors into my mitered square sock yarn blanket, too.  Once I get them all added, I'll lay it out and take a picture for you. 

And finally, Navy came from behind to beat Air Force in a real nail biter yesterday.  I yelled so loud, I scared Jesse.  Which doesn't really take much anyway.  In all the years I've had him, I can't get him over his fears.

It makes me wonder what happened to him before I got him. 


1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

Yay for feeling better! It seems a lot of people are getting sick early this year. I still have a bit of a dry cough.