Monday, October 21, 2019

We Have Deer!

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I mentioned they'd turned off the turnstiles at work?  Today, I found out why.  Seems that they'd done a fire alarm test just before they turned them off.  Now, what is supposed to happen is that when the fire alarm goes off, everything is supposed to unlock.  All the turnstiles, emergency exits, everything.  In actuality, everything was locking. 

They called the security company, who said they weren't coming back out there again.  They told the plant it was supposed to be that way.   I'm not sure if I believe that or not, but it's what the rumor is saying.  It doesn't make any sense to lock all the employees inside a burning building. 

Anyway, they got it fixed now, and the turnstiles are back on.  I still don't feel safe there, though.  If someone is determined to get in there and shoot the place up, those pathetic things aren't going to stop him.

In other news, I was standing by my window yesterday afternoon, about to wash some dishes, when I looked out and saw this. 


This is the fawn of the doe that looks so poorly.  He was by himself, but I did see the doe later -- also by herself.  I didn't get a picture of the doe, because Jesse scared her off before I could get my camera out.  She's still looking drawn down, though. 

I hope now that she's weaned, she'll put on some weight.  Of course, she's probably pregnant again -- or will be soon.

The little baby came back a while later,  and I got an even better picture of him. 


The only other thing I did was to weave, yes, even more Zoom Loom squares. 


And watch football. Lots and lots of football.

Let's see, Navy won.  Texas won on a last second field goal by Dicker the Kicker.  LSU won -- and didn't cramp up one single time.  And the Cowboys won.  I watched a few other games just to pass the time, but those were the ones I was really interested in.

By the way, how in the heck to you get into a fight in Victory Formation?  Then, after the refs break you up, how in the heck to you do it again?????  Seriously, dudes...


Oh, and I watched baseball. I got there in plenty of time to see Jose Altuve slam a two run walk off homer to send the Astros back to the World Series.  I'm not normally much of a baseball fan, but that one had me hollering as loud as anybody.

Next season, I might have to check the schedule and see if I can get any Astros games in this market.  If I can,  I might just watch more baseball.



No comments: