Saturday, October 19, 2019

Don't Envy Me

Don't envy me my exciting life.

Seriously, don't.

You know you live a dull life when the highlight of your day is buying a new Dustbuster.


You'll become even more envious when I tell you that this is the first Dustbuster I've ever owned.  I mainly bought it because I got tired of trying to wipe the dead bugs out of the window sills with a damp paper towel.  It doesn't work too well.  And since it's been cool enough to open said windows lately, the presence of dead bugs has become even more noticeable.  Plus, it'll be handy for little spills and such as well.

Look at me, telling you the benefits of owning a Dustbuster when I'm probably the last person on the face of the earth to get one.  But at least my window sills are now dead bug free.

All right then...moving right along...

Let's see... what have I done this weekend?  This morning, I got up and put my Fall application of Weed & Feed on the grass.  The dogs weren't happy that I had to keep them inside afterwards, but they got over it.  I didn't do it last year, and I think that's why the weeds took over my back yard.

Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas starts next weekend, so I got online and turned on my DirecTV Now account.  Only now, it's AT&T TV.  The bad news is, they no longer have the $35 per month plan I used to get.  They've included HBO at "no extra charge" and raised the price to $50 per month.  And they still don't have my local network affiliates, so I will drop them again right after the New Year. If they keep raising the price, I might not get them again next year.  I get Lifetime with my HULU, and they have some pretty good Christmas movies. So, there.

I also wove some Zoom Loom squares.


Then I wove some more.


On a whim, I got out all the ones I've done so far and counted them.  I've currently got 60.  Pretty soon, I'll have to figure out how I want to sew them all together.  I'm thinking I might make a true crazy quilt type and just reach blindly into the bag and whichever square I pull out is what I add next.

Whatcha think, Christi?  Think that'll make your friend Amy C. scream?  I'm still giggling over that, by the way.

A while back, I mentioned that someone needed to make a Dan Crenshaw action figure.  I've searched and searched, and haven't found one.  So, a Captain America doll,


and a homemade eye patch, and I made my own!


The patch isn't sticking too well.  I made it out of a printer sticker.  I've got some electrical tape around here somewhere that I think will work better. If I can find it, I'll try it out.

Finally, I found a violin lesson series on YouTube.  She even has links to PDF printouts that go with the lessons.  She seems to have a really good lesson plan.  For starters, she talks about the parts of the violin, and how to hold the bow, how to rosin the bow, and all that.  I've finally started the first real playing lesson.  It's just how to play the notes on the open strings, but that's where you need to start.

I've been playing sitting at my keyboard, so I can use the music stand on it.  It's not working out too well.  I'm not sure what the problem is, but I can't see the music.   I think my next investment needs to be a regular music stand so I can adjust the height to where I can see out of my bifocal spot.

And a new pair of glasses.  I was looking through my Facebook memories, and it's been 5 years since I've had new glasses.  That may be why I can't see anything.

Probably ought to get that taken care of, huh?





No comments: