Tuesday, October 29, 2019

I Was Wrong -- But In A Good Way

I thought the little Christmas cactus the chipmunk had dug up wasn't going to bloom this year.  It would seem I was mistaken.  It's got buds on it!


Yippee!  I mean, they all do,


but that one was a pleasant surprise.  If it's budding, it ought to survive, right?

Well, they put out the inventory schedule at work, and guess whose name was on it.  Yep, mine.  I went and told Group Leader, and she called Supervisor over.  I explained to him that I'd put that day in back in January, and he said, "I don't know why they don't look at the vacation schedule when they make this list out."  So, it's all good -- on my end, at least. 

This will be the first time in 20 years I haven't worked inventory.  I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.   Since it's supposed to turn off cold Thursday morning, I might just sit in front of the first fire of the season, and finish my book.  I'm still reading 13 Days To Glory, by Lon Tinkle.  It's not as readable as A Time To Stand, but more so than Texian Iliad

I follow a guy on Facebook named Scot Pilie.  He's a meteorologist out of New Orleans.  He gives good info on hurricanes and stuff, since he's right there on the brunt of things.  He's also got quite a sense of humor.  When it gets cold, he puts out Gumbo Warnings.  He said for this weekend to get your roux extra dark.  It's possible we could have the first frost Friday morning. 

I got all excited when I saw this in Walmart last week.


I thought, "Oh, boy!  Peppermint coffee pods!"  But when I got it home and made some, it's just regular coffee.  Not even a hint of peppermint flavor.  Good thing I still had some Coffeemate peppermint.  I won't be buying this again. 

By the way, here is proof I have been practicing my guitar. 


And also by the way, my laptop is 6 years old, and it getting so slow I can hardly stand to use it.  I'm wanting to get a new one, but I'm trying to hold out until the overtime starts back up after the first of the year.

Speaking of things getting old, I noticed something both terrible and perfectly natural at the same time.  Jesse is starting to get a little gray around his muzzle.  He's 10 years old, so it's not unexpected, but it makes me sad still.  Rylea's whole face is nearly white now. 

Why do they have to get old so fast? 

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

A couple years ago I discovered Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate. Pricey, but I felt I was worth it, right? Last year I looked high and low at the local walmart. They don't carry it. Peppermint creamer is good, but it's not the same as that hot chocolate. I like only a few of the flavored coffees. I keep trying them, however.