Sunday, May 21, 2023

Wedding Weekend

Well, I'm back.

It was a really nice wedding, and I'll tell you all about it later.  I'm still processing it all at the moment.  I was instructed to take lots of pictures, and I'm sorry to disappoint anyone, but I hardly took any.  I'm hoping I'll get to at least see the professional photos they took -- and they took a lot.  That was the most tedious and exhausting part, but they'll be glad they have all those memories to look back on.  

Let me just say, when you are driving and stop to get gas...or whatever else you need to do, your GPS will freak out on you.  It'll also freak out if you change your mind halfway through the route and decide to go a different way.  

I took some unplanned detours, but then my GPS and I had a long talk about her job performance, and things got a lot better between us.  Once she got her act together, I found my way to everywhere I needed to go. And that's all I have to say about that.  

Even so, I got there in plenty of time for the rehearsal Friday evening.  I was worried that I'd be underdressed, because I wore jeans and my work boots. 


I'd planned on wearing my walking shoes, but at the last minute, I put these on.  They're already broken in and comfortable.  As it happens, I worried for nothing, as there were several people there in shorts and tennis shoes.  And one who kept falling asleep...complete with audible snoring. 


Heh, that's Henry, one of Cody's oldest and best friends and the groomsman.  Cody's roommate Tristan was best man.  Oh, and I now owe Henry a Jayne hat.  Fortunately, I've got one already complete except for the pompom.  I'll try to get it done so I can send it with Cody and Brennan when they move to Jackson next weekend.  And Cody's other old friend Dijuan was there, too.  He's been to the house a few times when he and Cody were roommates down in Jackson.  He's excited that Cody's moving back down there.  

After the rehearsal, we all went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant, and that's where my brother Scott and his wife joined us.  It was good to see them again, but I hate that no one else from our family was able to be there.  After dinner, which Brennan's parents generously paid for everyone, it was on to the hotel where my TV greeted me by name. 


Cool, and just a little bit creepy.  What I liked about this hotel was that I didn't have to talk to anyone.  I could check in through the app, unlock my door with my phone, and even check out through the app.  No awkward small talk at all.  The downside is that I was on the first floor, right next to the ice machine, so it was pretty noisy all night.  

The next morning, Scott, Paula, and I had breakfast and a nice long visit at the hotel, then we went shopping, but not together.  They went to a mall, but I went to Hobby Lobby, Barnes & Noble, and a few other stores  It was mostly window shopping, because the only thing I bought was three skeins of yarn from Hobby Lobby.


They had so many beautiful colorways it was hard for me to decide.  These were the three I liked best, but only by the slimmest of margins. 

While I was out shopping, I went into a Bed, Bath, & Beyond to see if I could pick up anything on clearance -- since they're going out of business -- but even on sale, their stuff was too pricy for my budget.  I was hoping to get some hand towels for my bathrooms, but I just can't pay $16 for one single hand towel -- and that was after a 20% discount was applied. 

Needless to say, I passed on those towels and walked out of that store empty handed.  It wasn't much longer before I was tired and went back to the hotel to rest until time for the wedding.  I wish I'd known they had a HDMI hookup built right into the wall, and I'd have brought my cable.  I could have hooked my phone up to their TV and watched my own shows instead of their limited selection.  I mean, they had Netflix and Prime already on the TV, but you had to enter your own log-in credentials.  I didn't want to do that over unsecured wi-fi, so I just searched for some Absolute History videos on YouTube and watched those and knitted on a hat, but not this one.

This is one I finished Thursday, but didn't realize until today I'd never showed it to you. 


That's about all I have for you today.  I have more to tell you, but it's going to have to wait as this post is already long enough, and I'm tired.  Eventually, I'll get you all caught up, but for now, I want to relax and enjoy the rest of my weekend.  

No comments: