Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Miss Becky Has...

 A couple of weeks ago, my coworker and I were talking -- just chatting about what we're doing to try to get healthier.  We'd mentioned that we've both started making infused water again, and swapped recipes.  Somewhere in that conversation, I mentioned that I had mint growing in my back yard, and that I'd bring her some.  

The next day, I did just that.  That evening, she was at home adding the mint to her pitcher of infused water when her 8 year old grandson came in and asked what that stuff was.  

"It's mint,"  my coworker replied.  

"Where did you get that?" the grandbaby asked, and my friend said, "Miss Becky brought it to me." 

With a deep sigh, he said, "Miss Becky has everything!"  

That really tickles me.  

Fast forward to this past Sunday.  My coworker was at her aunt's house celebrating Mother's Day, and the aunt was showing off her herb garden.  She was talking about having problems with it (though I don't know what those problems were) when the little boy spoke up and said, "Excuse me, you should ask Miss Becky.  She has everything!"  

Speaking of, my lavender blooms are starting to open. 

And my wild onion is about to bloom as well.

I'm thinking I'm going to move this one out of the raised bed and put it into a separate container.  Pot.  Whatever.  I just need to get out into my shed and see what pots I have out there.  I may also end up moving my peppermint into a separate container as well, just so it doesn't take over my raised bed. 

Well, I broke down and mowed the yard yesterday.  Half of it, that is.  I mowed the front and side yards, and it's a good thing I did.  Along about 12:30 last night, the storms rolled through.  Let me tell you, that thunder was loud.  It sounded like someone was firing a canon off outside my window.  I'm not sure how much rain we got, because I still haven't replaced my rain gauge.  The weather app on my phone says .3", but I believe it was more than that judging by the size of the puddle in my driveway and the sogginess of my front yard.    

And finally, just so this post isn't a total waste of your time, here is a progress update on my latest hat:

This will be the last hat I can get out of this skein of yarn, so that's that for self striping.  

And that's that for this post.  

Later, peeps. 

No comments: