Monday, May 08, 2023

New stuffs!

Man, today was one of those days.  Another one of those days, I should probably say.  I don't know what was wrong with me.  I was just dragging all day.  I had no energy whatsoever.  But I came home to a surprise in my mailbox!

OK, it wasn't a surprise because I ordered them from my friend Kristine's ETSY shop.  But they got here today!  And what was it I was so excited about?  These:

New candles!  I haven't been able to order as much from her as I used to, because of the economy, you know, but as soon as I saw the name of that one on the left, I knew I had to have it.   We are just a few weeks away from the start of hurricane season, so I went and got the one I bought a couple of years ago to add to the collection, and I'm all ready.  


Now we just need a hurricane, so I can light them.   

Oh, and I threw this one in, just because.


On a similar note, we got a pretty good rain yesterday evening, and good news -- the dirt in my planter box didn't get disturbed at all, so it looks like I put it far enough away from the roof runoff.  I'm glad of that, because it's way too heavy to move now that it's filled up with dirt and plants.  

I also got my blanket flower planted.


I put in in the back corner of my back yard, near where I'd transplanted all those daffodils to.  Now we wait to see if it survives.  

On a completely unrelated note, do you see this?  

Do you know what it is?   It's the cat's -- and formerly the dogs' -- outdoor water bowl.  But what is so significant about that?  Why are you showing me a waterbowl that desperately needs to be cleaned out?  Because that is exactly what I had just done!  I had just cleaned the thing out and filled it with fresh, clean water, and before I even made it back into the house, the cat had run up and kicked all those leaves back into it.  

Brat.  

I told her I wasn't cleaning it out again, and she'd just have to drink manky water.  So there. 

And finally, I finished another hat.  


 Oh, one more thing before I let you go.  I ordered a dress from Belk.com.  It's yellow, and according to the photos, not too terribly bright.  That's the problem I was having with the others I'd seen.  They were all so bright yellow, I was afraid I'd look gaudy.  This one seems a bit paler, and best of all, it was marked down from $75 to $45!  An it has pockets!  I'll have a place to put my keys and phone!  

I'm only taking my phone to take pictures, y'all.  Don't bust a gut over it.  

OK, that's all for real this time.  I'm going to go get into the shower, and I think I might go to bed early tonight.  

Laters. 

No comments: