Thursday, May 04, 2023

Short Post

Just a short post today, because I don't have a whole lot to say, but I wanted to show you something.  I, yes, I finally made it in to Walmart (and did my weekly shopping while I was there) and got.....

Rosemary!


That was the only thing I wanted that they actually had.  I've already tasted it, and yes, it is what I thought it was.  I'm probably going to have to order everything else, unless I want to drive to Memphis or Jackson.  The problem with that is it costs a small fortune to ship live plants.  I could order seeds, but you know my track record with those. 

By the way, I didn't get a single bluebonnet from those seeds I planted last month.  Not one. I guess at some point, I'm just going to have to accept defeat and move on from those.  I've got a few packets of seeds I'm saving for Fall, but if those don't germinate, I'm done.  

Until next time, I mean.  Told you I had a stubborn streak.

That's about all I have for today, but I have to post this to hold myself accountable.  This is going to be my next cleaning project.

I want to get this shelf organized and purged.  It shouldn't take too long, once I get myself started to working on it.  Now that I've posted it, I've got to do it, right?  

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I might go make some rosemary tea.  All that mowing yesterday, given how dusty it was, has given me a bit of a sore throat.  Some hot tea ought to hit the spot.  

Laters.


P.S. For you local folk, it was strange walking into Walmart and not seeing Mr. Jim there.  I kept half expecting to see him coming around the corner, or sweeping up spilled dirt in the garden center...or helping a customer load groceries in the rain...

No comments: