Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Ugh

 Ugh

That's the feeling I got this morning when that alarm went off at 2:45 after being able to sleep as long as I wanted to for four days.  I really really didn't want to get out of bed, but alas I have no sugar daddy to pay my bills, so out of bed I got and to work I went.  Where the day thankfully passed uneventfully.

Except when I over heard one coworker telling another that she heard on the news last night that Blue Bunny was going to be making a Dr Pepper flavored ice cream and it was supposed to start today. Oooooo, it was hard for me to bite my tongue, but I did.  They weren't talking to me, so I kept my nose in the middle of my face and out of their business.  See, I can be good.  

That's not all.  I was good again when I came home and instead of sitting down like I really wanted to, I grabbed my mini chainsaw and cleared another privet tree from my fence line. 


Slowly but surely, I'm making progress.  I've got this one, 


and this one to clear out and I'll be ready to call the surveyor. 


In other news, because Cody and Brennan were supposed to come by Saturday and get the bed from his room, I went ahead and ordered the one I want to put in there in its stead.  When I got to Amazon, I discovered the price had dropped significantly, so I was able to order a small dresser as well.  

The tracking number said it was going to be delivered yesterday, but I blew that off seeing as how it was a federal holiday and no mail would run.  Imagine my surprise when about 5:00 PM I heard a horn honk.  I looked out my front window and it was a USPS truck.  Dropping off a fairly large box. 


I was not expecting that!  I put on some music and got it put together fairly quickly, even though the assembly instructions left a lot to be desired.  As in, none of the parts were labeled, and there were no written instructions.  Just drawings.  Still, it wasn't that hard, and it came out nicely.  
 

Right now, I have it at the foot of the bed, 


but eventually it's going to go here, where this old computer desk is..  


I'll have to ask Cody if he wants to take it to Jackson and to try to sell it, because he's already said he doesn't want it any more.  I'll bet he can get a better price for it than I can here. Or he may change his mind and decide to keep it now that he has a whole house to fill up.  

Well, yesterday was Memorial Day, and as per my usual, I spent the day watching military movies.  I finally broke down and ordered Saving Private Ryan, which arrived today. 


I've seen it before, and frankly wasn't all that impressed, but it seems to be the quintessential WWII movie, so I had to add it to my collection.  Maybe this weekend I can watch it again.  I might like it better this time around. 

While I was doing all that movie watching, I finished another hat. 


I like the way the colors spiraled on this one, instead of pooling.  Pretty cool. 

I wasn't sure if I had enough yarn for another hat, so I cast on a headband instead. 

This one I used an 88 stitch cast on, so it fits a bit more snugly.  I don't think it's quite wide enough, so next time, I'm going to do a few more short rows before starting my increases.  If you know the pattern, you know what I mean. 

And finally, I did some checking and I think I might be able to get away with using just my hot spot, as long as I don't stream.  I mean, I had to move a couple of my games from my Kindle to my phone, but for my usual internet use, I think my hotspot might be enough.  For now, at least.  My data starts over June 10, so I'll be better able to keep an eye on it.  Funny, since I upgraded my phone plan to unlimited, I'd completely forgotten what day everything starts over, since there was no longer any need to keep up with it. 

Speaking of streaming, I rented The Lost King on Amazon, about the woman finding Richard III in the parking lot.  It was so good, and I'm such a history geek, I might just buy it.  I'll have to buy the digital version, though, because the DVD is formatted only for European players.  

Eh, I'll hold off for a while and see if they release it in US format.  In the meantime, I need to go practice my piano. 

Laters

No comments: