Sunday, May 28, 2023

Oops!

I had the strangest dream last night.  I dreamed a couple of retired coworkers had come back, and they were speaking to me in French.  I wonder why I dreamt that...

Now, if you're wondering why that's in italics up there, I'm about to tell you.  That was the first sentence of the post I was writing yesterday.  It wasn't until after I'd gotten into bed that I realized I'd never actually finished and published said post.  So, you get it today. 

I mean, it's not like you missed any earth shattering events or anything.  I was just going to tell you about cleaning the whole house and then Cody and Brennan didn't even show up.  They were moving to Jackson, and were going to stop by and pick up the bed from Cody's room to take with them, but they didn't.  I guess they got a late start and time got away from them.  Still, it would have been nice for them to let me know. 

In other news, I'm slowly getting accustomed to living without internet again, though I have been going through something like withdrawal.  The bad news is, I've already blown through most of my hotspot data.  Cody told me not to stream over it, and I hadn't intended to.  It's why I bought that connector thing after all. It's just that the convenience of connecting the ROKU and having it all right there was too great a temptation.  So, yesterday, right after I got the alert, I disconnected the ROKU completely to remove that temptation, and am streaming solely with my phone's data until such a time as I can get internet again.  

I also did some poking around to see if there were any cheaper options available, but there isn't anything but Sparklight where I live.  ATT Fiber, Verizon, T-Moble, Xfinity ...none are available here. I even thought about getting a big old antenna, but by the time I pay for that and for someone to install it, well, that would eat into the budget I've saved up to get my fences replaced.  I mean, it would use up the entire cost of hiring a surveyor, so I'll just hold off for now.  

I'm still hoping things will pick up soon and I can get my internet re-installed, but that is perhaps a vain hope.  Normally, I'd be working 60 hours per week right now, but we're doing good if we get 40.  When they announced that Friday would be a day off without pay, well, that's when I took the leap and cut off my net. I'm kind of hoping we'd get a bump in sales from them rebuilding all these houses destroyed by the tornadoes this year, but so far that hasn't happened. 

One silver lining is that I've re-discovered DVDs.  I've got quite a collection, because I always wanted to have my shows in hard copy, rather than strictly digital.  I'm watching movies I haven't seen in years due to being too lazy to walk the 10 feet across the room to put the disc in.  

Friday I watched Air Force One, and being the dork that I am, I had to point out all the times the movie defied the laws of physics...

Yesterday I started my Memorial Day movie marathon with The Field Of Lost Shoes, during which I finished this hat.


This morning I got up and watched The Greatest Story Ever Told on my phone.  It's a good movie with lots of big name stars --NCIS fans may recognize Judas --, but it is long.  So long, I got this much of this hat knit. 


The only other exciting thing that happened is that the cat brought two voles into my house.  One got behind the washing machine and I haven't seen it since, but the other one I was able to chase out into the middle of the room and stomp it to death.  

And finally, I got my Missing Man place set up.

I put a slice of lemon out, too, but didn't take another photo, so you'll just have to accept it's there.  And Old Glory is finally back out on the front of the house, where it belongs.  

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a hat to finish.

No comments: