Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Two Down

One to go.

Work days this week, that is.  I have vacation Thursday, and under the new schedule, if you take Thursday, you get Friday and Saturday off as well.  You don't get paid for them, but you get them off.  I'm not losing hours, as Friday and Saturday are overtime anyway. 

One of my coworkers asked me what I was going to do on my days off.  I said, "Sleep.  Just sleep.  All four days."    She said she didn't blame me.  We're all tired.  I had another coworker tell me, "I don't know if it's because I'm older, but I've never been this tired before."  I replied that we haven't worked this many hours before.   Sure, we worked 6 days a week, but it was 8 hour shifts.  Those two extra hours a day really take it out of you. 

Speaking of, Saturday, I went into the restroom to make a deposit into the porcelain bank.  I was sitting there attending to my business when I heard a strange noise.  To be sure, I took one of my earplugs out and listened carefully.  Sure enough, someone was in there snoring. 

Did I mention we're all tired? 

Yeah...

Look, my new moss rose is blooming! 


It's kind of cool that it has three different color blooms on the same plant.  Or maybe it was three different plants in the same pot.  The little yellowish ones have streaks of pink in them, too.



Shark Week is a bit of a disappointment this year.  Too many celebrities.  Not enough science.  And absolutely no Dickie so far.  I have seen Andy and Paul, though.  I like Andy and Paul, but I loooove Dickie. 

One last thing, every morning, I go through the day's schedule and see which orders have been brazed, and which ones still need to be brazed.  Once I'm done, I add up all the orders, just to see how far ahead of the line I am.  One morning, my total came to...1066.

I jumped up and down and squealed like a fan-girl.  I grabbed my calculator and ran around shoving it in my coworker's faces, shouting, "LOOKIT!! LOOKIT!!"  Then the men came with the little white jackets to take me away...

OK, not really on that last part, but I did get pretty excited, because I'm a total history nerd like that. 


No comments: