Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Now It's Hurting

Funny thing about injuries.  The day I actually broke the tooth, it didn't hurt at all.  I was even able to chew my lunch on that side with no problem.  But yesterday...Oh, yesterday was a different story.

In fact, I had a post all planned out for you.  I was going to tell you how badly my tooth was hurting, and how miserable I was.  But I was too miserable and my tooth was hurting too badly for me to even write that post about how badly my tooth was hurting and how miserable I was, so I just went on to bed.

The good news is, you get to hear about it today instead.  I know you're thrilled.

The better news is, the aforementioned tooth felt so much better this morning when I woke up.  We had a few rough patches during the day, but for the most part it felt fine.

The bad news is, I had old 1960s protest songs stuck in my head half the day.



By lunch time, my earworms had undergone a strange metamorphosis and became songs from Fiddler On The Roof.




I've long since given up trying to find an explanation for such things. 

Cody messaged me, saying he's going to Memphis to try to find a job there, so he can move back this way.  I'm like, why?  Stay in Texas, dude.  Everything is so much better there.  He was going to stop in to visit today, but has decided to stay the night in Jackson with some friends.  He'll be here tomorrow.  I'll get the particulars from him then.

I'm still his mom, though, and sometimes freak out a little about him driving all this way by himself.  Then I have to take a step back and remind myself, "Self, when you were his age, you were in the Navy doing all sorts of things that would freak your own mother out."

So there is that...

No comments: