Saturday, July 07, 2018

Found It Under The Couch

I had a post planned for you yesterday.  It was a good post.  An interesting post.  OK, maybe it wouldn't have made you laugh or cry, but it was still good.  Alas, storms were rolling through when I got off work, and before I could start my blog post, my electricity went out.

The notice I got from the power company said it was damage to their equipment.  Since my neighbors a mile to the south had lights, and my neighbors a mile to the north had lights, I'm guessing lightning hit a transformer.  Estimated time on:  4:00 AM.  Sigh....

I decided to just go on to bed, at 7:00 -- which is just a little bit earlier than I normally go.  Sometime during the night, the power was restored.  I was so glad I didn't have to get up and get ready for work in the dark.

And what was I going to tell you yesterday?  Oh, not much.  Just that I was thinking about buying a new DSLR.  My old trusty Canon kicked the bucket last fall.  I suppose I could ship it to the company and get it fixed, but it is old and obsolete.  I really want a new one.  I'm thinking Pentax this time.  Mainly because I've read the lenses for the old film cameras will fit on a corresponding DLSR.  I've got a macro-zoom lens that I had for my K1000, and if it is true that it will fit on a digital camera, oh, boy the photos I could take.

I'm also thinking about buying a new wireless printer.  I'm tired of having to lug my laptop into the other room and plug it in with a USB, only to have it not work half the time.  The printer is so old, they don't even support the model any more.  I mean, I tried to download an updated driver that will work with my current version of Windows, but they don't even make one.  The good news is, unlike a Pentax DSLR, printers are pretty cheap.  You can get a decent, light duty printer for about $50 these days.  That's the beauty of capitalism -- competition breeds quality and lowers prices.

The last thing I'm thinking of buying is one of those computer things with the detachable keyboard.  A 2 - in - 1 laptop.  I don't really know why.  I just want one.

Before I go on any major spending sprees, I need to get these debts paid off.  Instead, I went on some minor spending sprees.  I bought a decoration for my bathroom.


 I ordered something for my bedroom, too, but it hasn't gotten here yet.  They'll warrant a post unto themselves, so I'll show you when they get here.

You know you live a dull life when the most exciting thing you do all day is to buy a new garden hose.


I mean, besides the whole electricity-going-out thing.  By the way, my Harvey lantern has really come in handy.  What's a Harvey lantern, you say?  Why, it's the lantern I bought after Hurricane Harvey went through and the electricity went out and I discovered I didn't have a working lantern any more.

Anyway, back to the hose...My old one is starting to spring leaks.  I tried to patch them temporarily with duct tape, but that just caused the hose to make aneurysms next to the patches.  I've had that hose for probably 15 years, so I figured it's time for a new one.

While wandering through the garden center, I found these Magellian zinnias.


They were so gorgeous I simply couldn't resist.  It appears though I have a couple of things trying to bloom in my wildflower bed, the grass has mostly taken over.


I'm going to put those zinnias somewhere in there, trying to avoid pulling up the few actual flowers I have.  Look, I found a single yellow moss rose.  I mean, like I can buy one plant, not a six pack.


I'm going to stick that in there somewhere, too.

That was all the stuff I was going to post before I lost my electricity yesterday.  Someone on Facebook suggested I look under the couch for it.

What do you know?  That's exactly where I found it.




No comments: