Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Dragging

Yesterday at work, I was just dragging.

I mean, I always drag a bit in the mornings.  It happens when you get up at 3:00 AM, but yesterday was worse than usual.  I had absolutely no energy.  I was starting to think something was wrong with me, and was seriously considering going to the doctor.  Around 9-ish or so, I kind of perked up a little and made it through the day.

As I was packing up my stuff to go home, I picked up my coffee thermos.  It felt suspiciously heavy.

"Hey, that feels suspiciously heavy," I said to myself.

I shook it a bit and heard a suspicious sounding sloshing sound.

"Hey, I hear a suspicious sloshing sound," I said to myself.

I opened the lid and suddenly realized why I'd been a limp noodle all day.

Tell me, have you ever been so tired that you need coffee to remember to drink your coffee?  Yeah, I'm there, folks.  On a brighter note, I remembered to drink it today!  So, yay, me!

You know you live a sad life when your biggest accomplishment is remembering to drink your coffee. 

OK, moving right along...

I've been getting a bit maudlin lately, knowing Squeaks will not be with us any more.  Yesterday, I watched her try to jump up on the bed.  She gathered herself, bounced a bit, re-gathered herself, kind of hopped, then just gave up and walked off.  It makes me sad...

So, I was looking through some old pictures and found this one, from a bygone day when she was young.


When I was younger, I always wondered why old folks always talked about the good old days.

I totally get it now. 

Totally.

No comments: