Monday, July 09, 2018

A Fortuitous Turn Of Events

There I was at work, just a working away, eating my morning Pop-Tart when something in my mouth felt funny.  It didn't hurt.  It just felt strange.  I kept on chewing when suddenly, my tongue slipped into a space that shouldn't have been there.

My tooth feels funny.  Wait, my tooth is missing!  Where is my tooth!!  Did I swallow it?????

Oh, there it is, with the rest of the bite of Pop-Tart I was still chewing.  I spit the remainder of my tooth out of my mouth and put it into my pocket, where it remained for the remainder of the day.

Yep, you read that right.  I broke a tooth, sheared off at the gum line.  I thought to myself, "What a stroke of luck."  No, not that I broke a tooth, but that I broke said tooth on the morning I already had a dental appointment.  When I got there, the dentist said he didn't think the tooth could be saved.  So, that's a bummer.

The thing is, the dentist I've gone to since I moved here in 1994 is semi-retired.  He's brought a young dentist in to eventually take over the practice.  Dr. Moody is still there, but the new guy, Dr. Horan is doing most of the dentistry these days.  He also does a lot of things Dr. Moody didn't do -- like extractions for one.  I won't have to go to another dentist to get what's left of my tooth pulled.

The hygienist and I were talking, and she asked if I'd ever considered getting implants.  I said that yes, that is my long term goal, and I'm almost to the point financially I can start getting them.  I'm thinking I'll get one implant, pay it off, then get another one.  In another fortuitous turn of events, the new dentist does implants!  Woo Hoo! 

But enough about my teeth...

Let's see, what else can I tell you?  Ummmm, I got nothing, so here's a hat progress shot.



I need to get all my finished hats and scarves gathered up and sent to my friend.  Maybe this weekend.

via GIPHY



No comments: