Saturday, July 14, 2018

Got 'Em Hung

Of course, it's hot.  It's July.  It's supposed to be hot.

How hot has it been?  Yesterday in the plant, it was make-you-sick hot.  There were a couple of times I thought I was going to show my coworkers everything I'd eaten all day.  It was so hot, I got one of the shop rags from maintenance and didn't care if it was clean or not.  I soaked it in cold water and wiped my face down with it.  Grease and all. 

When we finally got off, all I wanted to do was come home and sit in the freezer.  Alas, the cat was out of food, so off to Wal-mart I went, grumbling all the while because I really didn't want to go.  I was sitting there at the 4-way stop on Papermill road and Hwy 51, for those of you familiar with the area, and spotted the new Dollar General they'd built in the cotton field across from Mr. Monroe's, for those of you familiar with the area.  I said to myself, "Self, I'll bet that there Dollar General store has cat food.  You ought to pull in there so you don't have to drive all the way in to town."

That's exactly what I did.  I felt so sorry for the cashier.  I picked out a couple of cans of cat food, just enough to last until I did go to Wal-mart, but when I pulled the cash out of my pocket to pay for it, the dollar bills were soaking wet -- with sweat.  Yes, that's how hot it was at work yesterday. 

My first thought was, "At least it's not boob sweat."  Then it occurred to me, it's butt sweat, and that's worse.  Sigh...

And we still have August to go...

The only other thing I did was to hang my little light house pictures on my wall.


I was a little worried that the colors wouldn't work with the rest of the decor, but it all ties in together.  See, the blue in the clock matches the blue in my curtains.


The map in the clock ties in with the map on the wall.


The color of the map matches the colors in the curtain hanging over my closet door.  If you could see it in person, they really would match better than they show here.


Then, of course, the light house prints also match the colors in the curtain, so it all works. 

Now I just need to add some stuff to that big space between the map and the corner, and do the crown molding and baseboards, and my bedroom will be done, at least until it's time to completely remodel. 

I still want to move back to Texas, but if Cody does get the job and moves to Memphis, I won't be in quite as big a hurry to go.  That takes some of the pressure off as far as getting the house fixed up to sell.  Now I can really think about which options increase the resale value.  My next project is to get someone to replace the rotten siding and paint the outside of the house.  I also want to add decorative shutters to my front windows. 

I think they'll make the house really cute. 





No comments: