Sunday, July 22, 2018

New Camera

No, I don't have a new camera.  But I want one.

I was looking through some old pictures for pictures of Squeaky when she was young, and I saw how much better quality my older photographs are.  My Canon hasn't taken pictures that good in quite some time.  I'm not sure what went wrong with it, but it hasn't work right in quite a while.  Oh, I can ship it off and pay them a few hundred dollars to fix it, but I don't want to.  I want a Pentax, so I can use my macro-zoom lens.  Alas, DSLRs are massively expensive, so for now, you'll have to settle for pictures from my phone, or my point and shoot.

Well, I didn't really do much with my flower beds this year, but I have bought one final double profusion zinnia.


Once I get it planted, that'll probably be it for this year.


My Verbenas have turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment.  They've grown, but hardly have any blooms.


I think it may be because we've gotten so much rain this year.  I've heard that too much water can cause plants not to bloom as much.  However, it's the slugs that have nearly killed my marigolds.


The poor things are just not growing.  I think this is the last year I'm going to plant them, unless I get some in a pot or something.  I probably won't get another fuchsia, either.  It was a new to me plant, and I just wasn't sure how to take care of it.


It's not completely dead, but it's close.  I think next year, I'm going to stick with zinnias, and maybe vincas.  They're the plants that seem to do best for me.

I bought some new cotton yarn, to make myself some new washcloths.



Back when my felt seal on my dryer was worn out, my clothes were getting stuck between the drum and the frame.  I noticed several of my washcloths had gotten frayed along the edges because of this.

And I also bought a new bird feeder.


I still have the big one out by the back fence, but I'd hung up a second one last winter when it was so cold.  That one was a feeder I'd had for probably 10 years or so, and was getting in pretty bad shape.  Oh, it was still holding feed, but it had become a bit of an eyesore.  I was filling it up one day last week when I said to myself, "Self, you ought to replace that there ugly looking feeder."  Yesterday, when I went to the store, that's exactly what I did. 

What I like about this one is that I can see from the house when they've emptied it out. 

In other news, I signed up for DirecTVNow streaming service, just so I could watch Shark Week.  I was planning on dropping it after the trial period--Shark Week will be over by then -- but I'm thinking I might keep it anyway.  There is some overlap in the line up, but DirecTVNow has some channels my HULU streaming doesn't have -- like Hallmark, so I can watch my sappy Christmas movies, and C-Span.  It doesn't have my local channels, though, so I'd have to keep HULU for those.

Even if I keep both, it's still about half of what I was paying for cable.









No comments: