Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Tuesday Mayhem

I had a post for you last night.

Oh, it was a wonderful post.  You would have laughed.  You would have cried.  It would have moved you.

So, what happened to last night's wonderful post that would have made you laugh, would have made you cry, and would have moved you?  It didn't get written.

I was so tired when I got home, I just sat in the chair thinking, "I really need to write this wonderful post that will make people laugh, and will make people cry, and will move people."   I think I might have watched NCIS, but I'm not entirely sure.  I finally said to myself, "Eh, forget it.  I'm going to bed."

And to bed I went. 

I was up and getting ready for work this morning when I realized I'd forgotten to put my nightgown on.  I was still in the clothes I put on when I got home yesterday.   Yes, I was that tired.    I'd also forgotten to turn the heater down and lock the back door.  Yeah, I'm thankful for good neighbors.

The reason I was so tired is that Mayhem was still wreaking havoc on the plant.  I won't go into all the gory details like I would have had I gotten the wonderful post that would have made you laugh, would have made you cry, and would have moved you written last night, but let's just say it wasn't pretty.

The Reader's Digest condensed version is:  one of our Vitally Important machines was broken down and thus another Vitally Important machine had to do double duty.  However, one Vitally Important machine cannot make as many Vitally Important parts as two Vitally Important machines can, so we all ended up getting in a bind by the end of the day.  Being in a bind means I had to seriously scramble to keep up with the line, then I had to stay late to make sure there were some Vitally Important parts on the line for second shift.

At long last, the day was over and I came home. 

And I discovered Squeaky was having a bad day.  She's an old cat.  She's 17, which is great-grandma in cat age.  She has good days and bad days.  On a good day, there is no puke, pee, or poop on the floor.  Let's just say, yesterday was not a good day.

Today when I got off, I ran by the store and bought a Swiffer Wet Jet.



Why, oh, why have I never had one of these?  It is so much easier than having to lug the mop bucket out every time I need to clean up after an animal. 

If you ain't got one, I recommend you get one. 

Now, I'm going to bed.  Hopefully, I'll remember to put my nightgown on this time. 

No comments: