Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Sorcery


I got up this morning, and is my custom, checked the weather on my phone app.  It read 7'.  My app usually reads a degree or two higher than the actual temp, so I'm guessing it was actually around 5'.  I don't care where you live, that there is cold.

Just for curiosity's sake, I flipped over and checked the temperature in Fairbanks, Alaska, where my sister lives.  Then I checked Orange and El Paso.  I couldn't believe what I saw, so I switched to a list view.

What strange sorcery is this?


I built up the fire, made some coffee, and snuggled in for a long day of HULU and knitting.  I'll tell you one thing, when I get to the point where I can do a complete remodel of this house, I'm definitely going to go with the spray foam insulation.  I'd decided that before.  This cold has just confirmed that this will be the right choice.

It has the added benefit of better soundproofing, too.

Other than that, there really isn't much to talk about.  The roads were still pretty icy, so I didn't try to go anywhere.  I spent the day switching back and forth between Stargate SG-1 and ER on HULU, and knitting on Kyle's blanket.

The good news is, I don't have to go to jury duty tomorrow.  The bad news is, I do have to go back to work, so I'll just leave you with this shot of a snowy sunrise.


You know, if someone could photoshop those electric lines out, that'd be a right pretty picture.




No comments: