Tuesday, January 09, 2018

I Got Sidetracked

I had plans.

I had big plans for the blog tonight.

I had big blog plans, you might say.

Alas, I got sidetracked by the Introvert Activity Book.

I colored this page while watching episodes of Cake Boss on HULU.


I like watching that show, but I doubt I'd ever order a cake from that place, for a couple of reasons.  For one, he uses a lot of wood and PVC in his cake structures.  I know some of the designs need support, but what bothers me is that he cuts the wood, then plunks the cake directly onto it, without so much as plastic wrap or foil covering it.  Same with the PVC.  He smushes the rice krispy treats or modeling chocolate directly onto the plastic -- again without even plastic wrap around it.  Um, ick. 

The second thing that bothers me about him is that when he delivers the cake, no matter what the occasion, he's always got to make himself the center of attention.  Hey, dude!  It's my occasion.  You just deliver the cake and leave.  You don't stand up and made a speech or whatever.  I don't care who you are.  I know it's part of the show, but still...

OK, back to my book.


How I spend my time...work takes up the biggest space, followed by sleep, Netflix, and scooping the cat pan.

I wrote a poem about solitude:


A Poem About Solitude

Finally home, finally alone
In solitude I sit.
Silence closes in
Like a warm blanket
Or an old friend.
A welcome respite from
The shrieking, screaming
Clanging, clamoring noise of the day.
Calm, comforting quiet
Soothes my deepest soul.


I still haven't managed to tear a page out, but look, the author gets it.


Maybe tomorrow...

Speaking of, my book has a mad lib thing in it.  I've posted the clues on my Facebook page and am getting my friends to add answers.  As soon as all the answers are filled in, I'll do the mad lib and post it here.  If you haven't given an answer yet, go over and fill one in! 

One answer per person please!!


Now, what I was going to do before I got sidetracked by my book is to start outlining the plans I have for flipping my house.  I was going to take pictures, and start describing what I wanted to do with the space, and as always, ask for input. 

To start, I need to get my shop rebuilt.  I was looking at some of the siding and it was all rotten, plus the roof leaks.  Well, not to start, because I've got to finish stripping and painting my bricks, and paint the living room. 

Yet, here I sit with my Introvert Activity book....

No comments: